Re: [OM] IMG: Fitzgerald Bench

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fitzgerald Bench
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:23:34 -0700
On 7/29/2012 6:58 PM, Robert Adler wrote:
> Sweet. Where in Pt. Reyes?

It's the old RCA long distance radio antenna farm control building, now used
for some park admin thing, I think. The
building is far more interesting looked at down the row of trees than close up.
:-)

> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * Well, ALMOST any light.
>> <
>> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2613cria.jpg

I've added geocoding to the image, to show the exact spot it was taken from.
I've been by many times, and only once seen
this late afternoon, almost horizontal light. The sunset is so often blocked by
fog or rising sea mist.  That was
starting, but had not yet cut off the light, only perhaps softening it a
little. You can see the mist starting to form
here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2586.jpg>

Here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2587.jpg>

And here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2587.jpg>

And the same trees silhouetted against the sunset, shortly before the shot down
the road.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=California/Point_Reyes/South&image=_MG_2611cr.jpg>

You may have noticed it was late January, one of the nicest times out there,
between storms.

Pt. Moose