Re: [OM] Return of the everready case

Subject: Re: [OM] Return of the everready case
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:07:54 -0700
On 7/25/2012 5:02 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Brown Leather Case Bag for OLYMPUS E-M5 EM5 OMD OM-D Camera 12-50mm
> 40-150mm | eBay
>
> <http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400311681389&category=107894&emailtemplateid=47076905&sellerid=eJGfcJBwsRLo30TBaPjqxQ==&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqBfagz6VUvjQA==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG>

I've seen those and other similar ones. Man, they are UGLY. Do they really need
an inset for the clip-on flash? The need
to keep the back open makes for a more awkward design than for film SLRs.

There are some almost equally ugly and impractical designs for high end
compacts. Nothing new, though. My visiting son
has the Minox C he inherited from his Grandfather. It has a simple, slip-in
case, but the manual shows an awkward
looking never-ready case was available.

He wants to try it out. It has an electronic shutter that took a 5.6v, mercury
battery. Apparently 6v silver-oxides work
fine. But film is not available right now. Minox says the changes in the film
market and companies cut off its supply of
film stock, that they are committed to finding the best replacement. I wonder
how long that has taken already - and will
take.

I believe it may have been JohnH who pointed out how many relatively innocent
bangs or drops turned into disasters when
the never-ready case tripod screw mount/pass-throughs conveyed all the shock
directly into the central bottom of the body.

I only use never-readies for storage. The minty OM-4Ti lives in a nice brown
leather one.

Go Naked Moose