Re: [OM] (OT) New B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) New B&W
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:55:56 +1200
Bob Whitmire wrote
> New black and white. Self explanatory.
>
> Do you think the little splash at the bottom works in this one, or would
> you crop it out?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/c4mr9wn

Well, I seem to see it differently from most of you. Faced with that large
expanse of grey up to the person, I think that little bit of white spray at the
bottom adds an important component of balance. Also, whatever Moose did
to zap it did something quite peculiar to the look of the water surface, which
looks foreign / artificial..

I understand what Boris did to the shot, but it's not something I'd do to it.
Having the solitary figure so central is too obvious - not for me anyway.

My 2 cents.

Brian Swale.