Re: [OM] IMG: Little Jim

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Little Jim
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:36:45 -0500
You know me too well, Philippe.  Back in the 1960s, when my boys were small,
I built a gas-powered biplane kit, to demonstrate to the boys how model
airplanes worked.  We took it out to a local flying field and made a few
test flights, and all went well.  So, I added more fuel and sent it up
again.  This time, the engine ran too long and the wind came up.  The last
we saw of the little biplane was as it crossed a nearby road and headed over
a pine forest.  I searched, but never found it.

It was no surprise that the boys did not take up modeling. :~(

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA