Re: [OM] FIGHTING FINCHES + lens problem

Subject: Re: [OM] FIGHTING FINCHES + lens problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:08:32 -0700
On 7/5/2012 1:54 PM, List, OM wrote:
> I bought a used zuiko 400 which didn't stop down when mounted on my camera.
> It's aperature responded to moving its tab.Bending the small aperature tab
> so that it made contact with the camera's lever fixed the problem.

I had that on some lens or other. Worked on one body, but not another. Easy
enough to test. If the aperture stops down
with the DOF preview button, but not on the camera, it's that.

I also have run into disconnection in the stop down mechanism. All these lenses
have to convey mechanical movement
between fixed mount and a diaphragm mechanism that moves in and out with focus.

They have a long arm that reaches into the lens from the mount and goes through
a hole in the diaphragm mechanism. I've
had at least one lens, don't recall if it was a Zuiko, where the arm had come
out of the hole, presumably when bumped at
closest focus position. Easy to fix.

Realigned Moose