[OM] OT: Vintage Visitor

Subject: [OM] OT: Vintage Visitor
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:15:24 +0100
I was on the phone trying to get a network problem sorted out when I saw this
lovely old beast through the window that overlooks the airfield, at work.

<http://images.threeshoes.biz/Airplanes/Flying/i-T9HWmKn/0/L/D2012CB2277-ME109-L.jpg>

The pilot, one Cliff Spink, was on his way from Duxford (Cambridgeshire) to
Humberside (further north, near Yorkshire) when the cowling on one side of the
engine started to come adrift.  He landed at my airfield, Wyton (also in
Cambridgeshire) to sort it out.  My telephone interlocutor allowed me to leave
him hanging on the line while I ran out to catch a couple of images of the old
"enemy" :-)

The aircraft's owner is one Richard Lake, MD Eastern Airways, who also owns a
rather nice Spitfire.   Cliff is an ex-RAF 2 star (Air Vice Marshal) who
displays both WWII aircraft.

Chris