Re: [OM] New Olympus FL-600R doesn't work with E-M5

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olympus FL-600R doesn't work with E-M5
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:04:07 -0400
It sounds right off the bat that the flash is defective and should be
returned.  It is spec'd to work with AA alkaline or NiMH batteries so
that shouldn't be a problem.  It's possible (but unlikely) that your
NiMH batteries are not fully charged (especially the new ones) but the
fact that it doesn't work with new Duracell AAs tells me the flash is
probably at fault.  But it could be the camera.  Have you tried to fire
the flash off-camera?  Does it work in manual mode on the camera?  Have
you tried to fire another flash (of any kind) in the camera using manual
mode if necessary?

Chuck Norcutt