Re: [OM] IMG: First Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: First Photo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 08:50:39 -0500
His Moosiness wrote:
> But I am puzzled by the scans...
> That would seem to lead to the conclusion that the problem is bright, direct
> sun. And yet, the exposures seem correct,
> and there are innumerable KRs in bright, tropical sun in National Geographic
> alone, let along all the other places, that
> don't suffer the same odd colors, contrast, etc.

Moose and I don't always see schnozz to snout on these things, but on
this, I am in total agreement.

The entire set of Kodachromes you've showed so far, except for the
reworked one with the HDR profile applied, have some funky green casts
in the shadows. The contrasts are far too high and the saturation of
the skin is a bit over the top. Inotherwords, we most certaintly have
a profiling issue. It also has the look of too much LCE (local
contrast enhancement) done with unsharp mask.

The photography is really special, the digital processing isn't.

We're from the guv'ment and we're here to help.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx