Re: [OM] film scanners (and Faviana and Reymundo]

Subject: Re: [OM] film scanners (and Faviana and Reymundo]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:45 -0700
On 6/20/2012 5:29 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I've created ICC profiles for a couple of my films. The important thing to
> remember is that the profile is specific to the film, lens, lighting and
> scanner used when creating the profile.

I thought that went without saying. But now you have done so, in case anyone
didn't know. :-)

> This is why the built in film profiles rarely are anything more than
> irritations. Change scanners and the profiles no longer apply.

I can't see where that's of any consequence, as long as one keeps the target
shots. It only takes a handful of minutes
to create a new one. As I have two active scanners, I have profiles for each.

Catch My Good Profile Moose