Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:39:55 -0700

> I don't think Nikonscan works with Windows 7.  They never updated the
> drivers or something like that.
> I would be happy to get the scan to look just like the Kodachrome
> slides. I don't seem to have a problem with Provia, Astia, etc.  Just
> Kodachrome.

Hi Tina!

It's true. Nikon never did update the drivers for Win7. However, you can buy
"refurbished" XP boxes for (here) anywhere between $44.50 and $169.00 and they
normally come with new, genuine XP CD's.  My experience running a dozen or more
of them at our local TV co-ooperative (where they run 24/365), is that the
cheapest ones tend to suffer failed power supplies rather quickly.

But a $100 bill will buy you a unit that will make a fine, dedicated box for
your Nikon Scanner.  You can buy KVM (Keyboard, Video & Monitor) switches for
about $12 through eBay, or around double that at your local computer store.
These allow you to switch your keyboard, etc, from your normal machine to the
dedicated box, with the push of a button, thus obviating the need to duplicate
those items.

Personally, I simply used VueScan with my Nikon V-Ed, with great results.  But,
YMMV.

David.