[OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:29:06 -0400 (EDT)
I believe Moose has read the Dam Book ( I think he could write it)  and
had posted comparisons using the 5D classic and either
z. 50/3.5 macro or the Z. 80 and his Canyon scanner.  My recollection
was the resolution was
more than adequate for some older film emulsions.  The work flow looked
tedious though.  Perhaps the 7mm ext tube fixes the mechanical issues
with the slide copier.  I wonder how the new 800e Nykon would fare in a
comparison.   The Epson V750 looks to be the most flexible with nice
results though the new Plustek is tempting if not too pricey.  No clue
about the company's record but they announced this at least 4 months
ago,.

Mike

Thanks for the link.  I tried it once before but my mechanical setup
was
rather poor... a hastily cobbled together mix of Canon 5D, Olympus
50/3.5 macro and OM slide copier.  There are height and pentaprism
interference problems between the Canon and OM gear.  I need to try
again and spend some time resolving the mechanical fits.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/19/2012 8:34 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
> Peter Krogh (The Dam Book) recommends In-Camera Scanning
> http://www.thedambook.com/downloads/Camera_Scanning_Krogh.pdf
> I've tried it with a Beseler Slide Duplicator and the IDMII Canon.
It does
> fine for quick and easy but I get better results with the Nikon
LS5000.