Re: [OM] IMG: A couple of belated flowers - Joel

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A couple of belated flowers - Joel
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 18:44:53 +0200
Le 18 juin 12 à 18:18, Joel Wilcox a écrit :

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012, at 12:23 AM, philippe.amard wrote:
>> The flowers have suffered from sun and rain, but I wanted to get
>> colours and bokeh...
>> Here is this afternoon's catch:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/7lmoqgq
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/bljovqa
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/brknyo4
>
> I like those very much.

Thanks

>  It is interesting the range of comment.

Is it not also what we are here for ? getting varied feedback too ;-)

>  The
> color in the first one is almost surreal,

agreed and discussed quite a bit with Ken

> for which the second is a
> nice, subtle contrast.

Thank you for the word "subtle", this is exactly what I was after :-)
I edited another version with more blacks that fits David's taste
better for instance, but less mine.

>  I like the composition of the third, and I don't
> think the bokeh police will rough you up too badly.  I am not bothered
> that only the bug is really sharply in focus, but it appears that
> there
> are sharpening artifacts just north of the bug.

There are some indeed - that's jpeg after all
>  Is that so or is that
> indeed the texture of the flower?

the petals are "hairy" if look at the brims - are the tiny 'blobs'
what you see as artefacts? If so, there not; the RAW at full size in
LR shows them, somewhat like gooseflesh.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Bien cordialement de Metz, Lorraine
Philippe