Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:19:12 -0400
As Ken says there's good reason to believe that 10MP is enough if you
uprez the image for them.  On the other hand, if you're really concerned
it won't be accepted there is an easy solution... just make a pano.  You
can achieve the desired size that you calculated by shooting the camera
in portrait orientation and taking 4 overlapping images.  You will get
1/4 to 1/3 image width overlap which is ideal for the pano software to
handle a scene with even modest detail.  There is plenty of free pano
software out there if you don't have PhotoShop or other software that
can build a pano.

Chuck Norcutt