Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:45:49 -0500
> I usually pull the shadow slider between 10 and 20 and
> then reduce the radius (?) to between 50 and 20 until it looks decent.
> Messing with this will goof up saturation, so selectively increasing
> colors to bring them back to normal helps sometimes.

In Vuescan, one of the issues is that the expsure runs all over the
place depending on the image itself and how you have it cropped.
That's why I usually end up leaving it is to "none" in the Color tab.
Well, not always. Oh, whatever...

> Yup. If I can find a white or neutral gray, I use the WB dropper. Even if
> it's not quite right, doing it in a layer and
> adjusting opacity will often do the trick. IF those don't work, it's off to
> the Photo Filters.

Speaking of WB and Vuescan. Did you know that if you right-click on
the image it will set the WB to that point?

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx