Re: [OM] Winter in Melbourne

Subject: Re: [OM] Winter in Melbourne
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:38:49 -0700
On 6/9/2012 4:14 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
> Olympus E-P1, 17mm f2.8, ISO 400, 1/60 @f5.6
>
> <http://www.structuregraphs.com/RandomStuff/9-Jun-2012/index.html#20120609-B-048-b.jpg>

Most of this series appeal to me. I like 'the boot' in the first one. It
emphasizes the contrasts in the image; the
small, young woman with big, serious boots, coat and camera, with her
vulnerable side exposed in sleep.

037 is nice because I like 'looking through' shots.

I love the lines and angles in 041.

The rainy street in 48 is nice, but needs something to perk it up.

The chairs are my least favorite. Perhaps too subtle for this Moose. :-)

Long ago, I meant to say how I liked the 'flat horizon' set.

On 6/9/2012 12:06 PM, Ken Norton wrote:

> Ah, now I tried it from a real computer, not the rot-gut iPad I could
> actually see that it is something. Cool shots.

You led me to look on Carol's iPad3, they really got much right about that
display. OTH, pics taken on it and earlier
iPads and all iPhones really show their shortcomings on the new display.

Darned if I don't think the first looks better on the iPad than on my big
monitor. Fired up the netbook+, and looked at
all three at once. I'd pick different screens for different ones of the images,
but they are all different.

Time to recalibrate the big monitor and break down and calibrate the netbook...

Moose of Many Colors