Re: [OM] IMG: Shoulder Stock from Scraps

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shoulder Stock from Scraps
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:22:25 -0500
I have considered that possibility, Chuck.  My choice would have been .065
hard aluminum, but I had none at hand.  The monopod head screw is not long
enough to permit .125, with enough threads left to engage the tilt head
securely.  Since I had the thin aluminum and it was easy to cut, I decided
to give it a try.  It is very stiff in the lateral direction, so it will
work for a while, until I decide to built the Mark II version.

The aluminum part is hard to visualize from the photo.  The monopod end is
cut to the diameter of the tilt head base, and the sides taper from that
size down to approximately 3/4 inch at the outer end.  There is a lot of
width where the stock meets the monopod.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA