Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 43, Issue 32

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 43, Issue 32
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:18:10 -0500
Take a look at all these friends equipment. How does it look? Do all their
cameras look like they have been in a war zone? Do they look like they have
been lovingly used? There are people that are hard on cameras. I've known
many, and there is nothing identifiable about them and their problem. They
are not  particularly devoted to risk taking behavior, many seem not to put
themselves in places or do things that cause these problems. It's as if they
are like the guy in the comics that always has the cloud over his head.
Others I know, who are not particularly fastidious, have equipment that
remains flawless years and years after purchase. I fall in that group,
through no plan of my own, but know this: I once worked in a commercial
studio with a guy that took very poor care of his Hasselblad equipment, and
his Nikons as well. It would not surprise me to see him put a camera in an
unlined canvas bag, and toss it over the front seat onto the floor in the
back of his car, and yet he never had problems. His F2's were equally
mistreated, and yet always performed. I don't get why some folks have
problem with 'blads, but they probably haven't developed that good habits of
not tripping the shutter when changing a lens, and winding the shutter
before changing backs and such. That's not the camera's fault.