Re: [OM] IMG: Mother's Day Orchid Retake

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mother's Day Orchid Retake
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:09:09 -0500
Holy Flashes, Batman!

OK, Jim, I'm going to go out on a limb here with my saw. Hopefully, I
can remember which side of the cut to sit...

I REALLY like the first one better. The first one is a decorative and
artistic design. The second one is just a picture of some flowers.
Totally different animal. The first one is interesting and
contemporary, the second one is boring. The first one is about the
design, the second one is about the flowers. I really don't give a rip
about the flowers. The first one is modern art, the second one is a
record shot. The first one was your vision, the second one is a photo
by committee.

Granted, the second one might be technically "better" in the world of
photographers, but it's the first one that I want hanging on my wall
and the edginess of it is what my wife likes.

I've got plenty of pictures that look like the second version, but
zero that are like the first. Not a single one of my flower pictures
has survived the cut and graces our walls.

Ziiii Ziiii Ziiii CRACK

AG