Re: [OM] A couple shots on the way home from work

Subject: Re: [OM] A couple shots on the way home from work
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:35:08 -0700
> Where are mom and dad that they allowed you to get this close.
Mom and Dad have their hands full feeding the brood. Only two at this
den and the little brown one is a runt. Mom has a bum leg, said to have
been hit by a car last fall. Prognosis isn't so good for this den. I
arrived after work last night to mom nursing. I politely waited until
she was done. Here she is.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/May12/Mom7595.JPG>
When Dad showed up a while later (I heard soft worried noises behind
me)  I left so he could be with the kids.
> Well done Mike. I think they're getting used to you.
The young kits are fearless at this age. In a couple weeks they are very
skittish....or they become food for the eagles and ravens. However all
the foxes are used to people and some family groups including this one
have become beggars up by the road. Stupid people continue to feed them
despite the obvious posted signs forbidding it. A fox that begs instead
of hunting is a dead fox when the touri go home.

> Your way home from work seem to bring you through some nice locations.
Yes, a very nice commute. :) I've previously posted photos. Here are a
couple.

View to the Olympics last night.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/May12/MtAngeles7636.JPG>
One from Feb11.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Feb11/MtFinSnow8143.JPG>

I visited the same den last night on the way home and also another
nearby. See photos here.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/May12/>

Mike