Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose 4

Subject: Re: [OM] Alt Dot Moose 4
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 16:23:51 -0500
> OK, not an immediate grabber image, but is what I have done to it
> interesting?

The concept is sound. Through the years, I've done variations of this
theme by doing in-camera double-exposures. The first shot is straight,
the second is fuzzy. The end result is a nice glow that enhances the
image in some circumstances. After a lot of experimentation, it seems
that my ideal combination for in-camera is to shoot the sharp image
-2/3 of a stop and the blurry one at -1 2/3 of a stop. Or so... The
general recommendation was to split them in half, but that always
seemed to kick too much effect into it. The beauty of my 100/2.8 is
that it seemed to kinda do this without me asking.

As to your specific image, the first thought that came to mind was
that you experiened a lot of lens flare caused by a cheap filter. But,
then what I saw was a nice painterly touch throughout the image. I'm
not so sure that this particular image floats my boat, but what you
are doing is making sense.

AG