Re: [OM] (OM) Fuji Reala 100 asa

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Fuji Reala 100 asa
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 08:56:37 -0500
Reala availability in35mm has been spotty for many years. It appears
that Fujifilm does a batch availability of the majority of their films
and consistantly is unable to balance the global demand through their
pipelines. I've seen where Reala has been unobtainable for the better
part of a year and then all of a sudden there is a truckload of nearly
expired film flooding the market.

It isn't just Reala, either. Their B&W films suffer this too.

Back to Kodak Portra 400 for a second. This film is so good that if
Kodak had made it available in 2000, it would have set back the
adoption of digital cameras by the portrait/wedding photographer by at
least five years. This was the film we really wanted--the best of VC
and the best of NC, faster with more latitude. Likely the most
forgiving film ever made.

ag