Re: [OM] Trust, Verify, And be Ready to Send in the Hounds

Subject: Re: [OM] Trust, Verify, And be Ready to Send in the Hounds
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:35:45 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 5/7/2012 6:08:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

No bitterness
involved, just the recognition that success is not  always dependant
upon your own actions and deeds. Like I said, it comes  with the
territory of what my wife and I do. But part of that territory  is
knowing our boundaries AND when to send in the  hounds.

My experience of life is that seldom is someone else's success  a function
of my words and deeds, but rather it is their realizing something  isn't
working in their life, taking absolute responsibility for their  circumstances
and then being willing to do something different in order to  change the
results they were producing.  That approach worked for me in my  life.  My
actions and deeds most often produce results in my life.   Results in others
people's lives is a function of their taking responsibility  for what works and
doesn't work in their life . . . and then doing something  about it.

As this relates to others, I take the position of being  available and
supportive and not enabling folks in a way which perpetuates  what isn't
working.  This speaks to the boundaries which Ken and his wife  must be called
on
to observe daily.  I am sure many folks have been touched  by them and I'm
reasonably sure it most often is folks who want something  different in their
life and are willing to do something different in order to  get different
results.

Bill Barber