Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike

Subject: Re: [OM] Yesterday's Desert Hike
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 08:03:39 -0400
I've never seen 52 below but I know that 30 below was already a tough
grind for my 1964 Opel Kadet.  I used to have to put it to bed at night
with a battery charger connected, a 150 watt trouble light snuggled up
against the battery to keep it warm and covered over with a fiberglass
insulating blanket.  Then a tarp over the hood hanging down to the
ground to keep the wind from carrying away the heat.  Then, in the
morning it was necessary to strip all this off very quickly and spray
some ether into the carburetor.  After all this, if it didn't start by
the second crank it was all over.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt