[OM] iPad apps [was Nathan's PAD 3/5/2012: Lightroom vs. Snapseed]

Subject: [OM] iPad apps [was Nathan's PAD 3/5/2012: Lightroom vs. Snapseed]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:38:28 -0700
Someone knew what one woman really wanted to start her 70th. decade. So Carol
now has an iPad.

For me, it has 64GB of storage memory. I've already tested the Wi-Fi hotspot
ability. With Verizon LTE available here,
it works rather well, connecting my netbook+ to the internet. Should be a real
boon when we are on the road - no longer
needing to look for WiFi to check email, do banking, etc.

Yes, I know, I could check email in the Apple mail app or on the web. But I use
Thunderbird to download mail from
several places and keep it available when off line.

Ctein raved about the display for image viewing over on TOP, and I have to say
it looks good. No better than my little
Acer, perhaps, but I do love being able to rotate for portrait.

Looks like I need Snapseed, and I know about TPE. What other apps have folks
found that they like for photo/image tasks?

Also, anything to use the USB camera adapters to access and manage mass storage
devices would be welcome. If I could do
that, we might be able to use just the iPad for image upload and backup to
external drive.

Holy Apple Batman Moose