Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 08:41:27 -0500
On Thu, May 3, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:
> The orchids do look great BTW, love them. Went through the whole series.
>
> Wiliam

Thanks for looking, Wiliam.  That was a fun outing.  Kind of hard to go
wrong.  I used my E-410 and DZ 40-150, set at 5.6, and never varied from
that.  ISO 400.  We had been to that show before, but they really had a
lot of flowers this time.  Lots of people were taking photos, but
probably more were buying.  Only two other "serious" photographers
there.  One was a guy with a Canaan and a big white.  He took some
photos but attracted an entourage and spent a lot of time talking about
LV, like Canaan invented it, and other things.  We spoke a little bit
about the purple flowers and whether the camera would render them blue.
He showed me one of his captures on his LCD and it looked very much like
the real thing for color.  Mine looked decidedly bluish on my LCD.  But
the converted ORF looks right, so I can't really complain about the
camera.  In fact, I truly enjoy that little camera.

Joel W.