Re: [OM] FM review by FM of D800 and OM 5DIII

Subject: Re: [OM] FM review by FM of D800 and OM 5DIII
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 12:40:15 +0200
> Canon 5Dmk2
> Canon 5Dmk3
>
> Number one concern is lens-mount compatibility with OM Zuikos. Number
> two concern is skintones. Number three concern is kit
> size/weight/gripabiltiy.
>

> Yeah, we've been here before....
>
> AG
> --

5Dmk2: a very good camera. I had the mk1 and since I updated to the mkII
last winter I have the feeling this camera will serve me for a long time.
Live view is fantastic for architecture. Yes, it is big. It has some
quirks, is not as new as the mkIII, but a lot cheaper (second hand) and for
my manual focus use, the updated AF is not so important. (I've read on FM
however that the new AF combines well with adapters with AF confirm.
As an architect I like the design even better, not as blobby:)

I must admit I have two AF lenses: the 50mm f1.8 mk 1 canon and a converted
Conurus Contax 24-85mm.

And the 100mm f2 combines fantastically with this camera. Right size, and
unbelievable results. And if you need a crop factor of two, just crop :)
still around E-1 territory file size.

But most of the times it is coupled with the 35 shift @ f8/11 and makes me
happy with the results. The manual diaphragm is a pro with this lens.

Iwert