[OM] IMG (recyclied): Queens Day 2005

Subject: [OM] IMG (recyclied): Queens Day 2005
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:43:59 +0200
Of all the countries in which I have lived (seven at last count), the
Netherlands has the fewest public holidays. So the few that there are, are even
more appreciated. And among the nicest ones is tomorrow, April 30th, Queen's
Day. As far as I know, it was the previous queen's birthday. The current queen
Beatrix's birthday is in the autumn, but she wisely chose to stick with the
April 30th date.

The Queens Day traditions involve outdoor markets, and outdoor eating and
drinking and partying, lots of it, preferably in silly orange outfits. Of
course, spring in NW Europe being what it is, the weather is not always
conducive to outdoor partying. But one of the years I lived there, 2005, we got
especially lucky with the weather:

http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexqueen.html

I wish all my Dutch friends on both lists that tomorrow's weather is as nice as
7 years ago and that you all have a great Koninginendag.

Groetjes,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain