Re: [OM] (OM) OT Help wanted with printer install program

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Help wanted with printer install program
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:05:02 +0100
Brian, s9000xp161usZ.exe which you downloaded is a self-extracting ZIP file
which contains the setup.exe file you need. It also contains plenty of other
files needed by setup.exe, and a readme.txt file, from which the following
is an extract to get you started:

===============
< Installation Components >
The following components make up the installation package:
  - Installer (Setup.exe)     Installs the BJ Printer Driver on your
computer.
  - BJ Printer Driver (referred to as the "printer driver" in this document)
The software that allows you to print on your printer.
  - Uninstaller     Lets you remove the printer driver from your computer.
  - Readme (readme.txt)     This document. It contains important information
about the printer driver. To view it after installation, select [Start]-
[Programs]-[Canon S9000]-[Readme].

< System Requirements >
This software requires the following system configuration:
Operating System
  Windows XP Home Edition (English)
  Windows XP Professional (English)
  Windows 2000 Professional (English) or
  Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server (English)
Hardware
  Computer:      Must operate normally under the operating system used.
(CPU: Intel Pentium microprocessor or  equivalent microprocessor)
  Memory:        Must operate normally under the operating system used.
  Hard drive:    At least 50 MB free space prior to installing driver
  Other drive:   CD-ROM drive
  Interface:     USB interface
  Printer cable: USB cable
  Display:       VGA or better

I think you will be safe to run the file you downloaded.

Piers