Re: [OM] Big Chomp No Chew

Subject: Re: [OM] Big Chomp No Chew
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 14:31:41 -0400
Sorry, I can't get beyond point #1.

Yes, the 33% rule (which could also be 25% on a different monitor) is
for OUTPUT considerations.  So why does one do testing beyond the
resolution used for output?  Secondly, your comparison of the 5MP E-1
and the 5D's 12MP (not 16) is not an output measure.  The output measure
is crop and resize to output print size.  The only inequity between the
two cameras is if a larger output size is chosen beyond what the E-1 can
do but that the Canon could.  Up to the same output size they are the
same camera except for what visual differences you see at the output size.

Try again.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt