Re: [OM] (OM) Prints accepted at a gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Prints accepted at a gallery
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 02:53:48 +1300
Thank you all for your nice comments.

Actually, the prints were accepted sight unseen. I had made some
comments on facebook to the lady who runs the Central Otago Arts Trust,
and on the basis of those comments she roped me in. It's actually part of
her job. Over Easter there is to be a "Central Otago Arts Trail" in which
some 30+ artists over a quite wide geographic area will open their galleries
to anybody who wishes to visit. She wanted me to open our house as a
gallery, but I declined. Maybe another year.

But it is still a momentous deal for me; potential for public exposure at last.
The www hasn't yielded any significant/perceptible feedback from my web-
site.

Matting 6 prints was quite a $ investment, but the lady did a fine job, and she
made the mats re-usable. I could not have afforded to buy framing right now
- the cost would have increased 300%. The prints are all 8 x 10 ( the printer
made a mistake; the magnolia should have been 8 x 12) . 8 x 10 messes up
the composition.

I'm really pleased with the feed-back so far.  That magnolia shot still
attracts
attention; I think I know why, but it would be very difficult to reproduce the
conditions. Just store the characteristics in the memory-bank.

I have several sets of images I plan to share with you all, but lately (the
last
month+) life has been too hectic. To reduce the page coding overhead from
my usual style I will probably use the layout adopted by Nathan in his
www.fotocycle.dk pages; no thumbnails etc needed. Much simpler. And by
the way I very much enjoyed seeing his pics of him and Monica in London.

Brian Swale.