Re: [OM] Saturdays

Subject: Re: [OM] Saturdays
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 09:30:19 +1100
I understand tat the problem with pulses is that they contain two sugars.
Efforts in hybridisation and GM to reduce the embarrassment factor have been
able to get of either but not both. Oversoaking and water changes reduces the
problem but also the flavour. Bugger.
Suggest - I'd use a smoked ham hock instead - stew it in the stock beforehand
and then skim the fat and recover the meat for the soup. I can't afford bullion
cubes (:-)) so I use the large veggie stock cubes' instead (they're about four
time the size and better flavour). And I'm sorry but some salt and black pepper
is essential! (Depending on the salt from the hock).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com