[OM] Capturing Lightning [was OT Storm images from Peter Marin, Sydney]

Subject: [OM] Capturing Lightning [was OT Storm images from Peter Marin, Sydney]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:22:49 -0700
All very interesting and entertaining, I'm sure. I read it all back when.

Much easier, I suspect, is simply to buy or pull out of the closet any of the
many Canon Powershot compact cameras for
which there is a version of CHDK. You can use the camera sensor itself to
trigger lighting shots. Yup, it's that fast,
the preflash will trigger the shot.

In fact, that's one of its less powerful functions. It does require setting up
and running a script, but there are
several already written to choose from.

The range of cameras is broad, from from simple to the G series.

Don't Strike Me Moose