Re: [OM] IMG: Spring Flight

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Spring Flight
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 05:15:26 +1300
Jim wrote
> Saturday is a popular day for flying.  Today's weather made it even nicer.
>  While looking around for flower subjects, I spotted this pleasure flight
> overhead.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Spring+Flight.jpg.html
>
> E-1 with ZD 35/3.5 Macro.  Not my usual choice for airplanes in flight.
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.

This has to be the best cloud study I have seen for a long time. Wonderful.

Jim, to what extent is the use of a RAW file responsible for the great
tonalities on the cloud, and the absence of significant blown-out areas?

That little lens did an amazing job, as did the E-1.

i don't see them on the local auction site any more; Oly DSLR gear seems to
have fallen right out of favour here.

Brian Swale.