Re: [OM] Thursday Camellias

Subject: Re: [OM] Thursday Camellias
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:45:34 -0700
On 3/16/2012 2:12 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Nice,----  I have been noted to "cheat"  with a fine mist sprayer but
> it is never quite the same.

Thanks.

Fine mist isn't enough to get the big drops, both to look at and to affect the
flower in subtle ways.

> Did you by chance get out the Z. 135 macro given the FL?  More likely your
> usual zoom technique especially with company present,

Hey, I was sitting in the living room with guests when I couldn't resist
shooting the past it's conventional prime
bloom. I just grabbed the ready for anything 60D and 28-300.

> I can hear your Tammy 90 macro and Kiron 105 crying on the shelf all the way
> out here.

You mean both MF and AF Tammy 90 macros? :-)   Yeah, it may be a shame, but the
Tammy zoom at the long end is a
remarkable macro lens for non-flat field uses. And I got the shot!

Theory Is Fine, But The Shot Comes First,
        Moose