Re: [OM] It's a Fence of Course with no Horse

Subject: Re: [OM] It's a Fence of Course with no Horse
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:49:56 -0700
On 3/15/2012 8:46 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> As promised, I did eventually get around to posting several pictures
> on the website that now features no advertising (other than for my
> wife's book). Just blatently beautiful work from one of the world's
> finest photographers. So, no shameless plugs, just honest assessments
> on all things photographic and textbook perfect examples of
> photographs.
>
> www.zone-10.com
>
> OK, so they are a bit pedestrian and the author is a little dillusional,

I assume you mean delusional in the sense that he undervalues his talents as a
photographer? Well, yeah, I agree. :-)

But he still can't spell, so he isn't perfect. ;-)

> but at least you do get the priveledge of seeing something from this neck of
> the woods.

In the usual Moose spirit of "I like that, or almost, or should like that, but
..."

Weird, I know, but I like "Rusting Bin" better in B&W. I suppose I ought to
like that blue, but I just don't. Also, B&W
it makes clear that it's not noise, but surface texture.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Rusting_Bin.htm>
  Default PS5 B&W conversion tool, except Blue pulled down from 20 to 0.

I suppose you think "It's a Fence Of Course With No Horse" is derivative, and
kicked yourself for not having something
more original to post. But, you know, the turn adds something and I rather like
it.

Still, the far parts suffer a bit from 50/1.4 edginess, a sort of double-vision
effect. Now for all I know, nobody but
my eagle eye (blessing-curse) can see it. But I changed it anyway, poor image
manipulation impulse control. For a bonus
for those with aging eyes, there's a B&W version, too.
<cid:part2.00070709.03030008@gmail.com>

Messin' About Moose