Re: [OM] I expect this kind of nonsense when shooting digital

Subject: Re: [OM] I expect this kind of nonsense when shooting digital
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:41:29 +0000
On 12 March 2012 16:44, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, a few days ago I was shooting with the OM-4T and had a moment of
> puzzlement.
>
> I looked through the viewfinder and was trying to get a spot reading.
> I tapped the shutter-release to wake up the display.
>
> Nothing. No lovely OM-4T display.

<snip>

> It was then that I realized that I was holding the camera differently
> and my left hand was over the top of the lens and not underneath. I
> had the backlight window covered by my finger.

I did that quite often when I first got an OM-2SP (OM-2S).  The little
window is right where I used to have my right middle finger until I
learned to hold the camera differently.  I blame years of using a
Pentax ME Super - to reach the rearmost shutter speed button mean
having my hand higher up the camera body than I might other was have
placed it.  That's my excuse anyway.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer