Re: [OM] IMG: my first handheld panorama

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: my first handheld panorama
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:46:20 -0500
Frank may be right about the vignetting.  I used to run into occasional
problems using CS3 for panos but find that CS5 seems to do much better..
except that I frequently override its choice of alignment method.  I
usually get best results choosing/forcing "reposition".  Sometimes it
does so well that I find it a little spooky as I'm not sure how it does
it.  For example, I have a pano of Loch Fyne in Scotland where a large
bird appears in most of the frames, obviously in a different place in
each.  I expected to have to clean that up afterward.  Much to my
surprise the bird appears only once in the final image.

If you'd like to send me the original images (or even a downsized set)
I'll run them through CS5 and you can see if it does a better job.

Chuck Norcutt