Re: [OM] Quick Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 23:11:55 -0500
If he has the negatives I'm sure he will sell them... it's just that you
may not like the price.  At about age 75 he is likely retired from
wedding photography and may appreciate the additional sale.  Just don't
seem to anxious or threaten to go around him in some way (which you have
no way to do anyhow).  The price is probably highly negotiable unless he
senses you are desperate.  Also clarify what you want.  There may be
many more negatives than were actually printed for your album.  If he
sells it is found money to him.  He himself needs to tread carefully if
he feels you could easily walk away from any deal if it's too expensive.

I have no idea what's reasonable.  Maybe Ken does.

ps: Conventional wedding photography with albums, etc. is on a big
decline.  Lots of guy with digitals now shoot the wedding at very low
cost and sell a CD or DVD with the images.  The conventional wedding
shooter has to be a very creative marketer these days to make any money.

Chuck Norcutt