Re: [OM] Scanability of C41 b&w film

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanability of C41 b&w film
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 11:35:14 -0600
John, of the three, I think the Portra scans the best. It is impossible to
use in the darkroom, but it is designed for scanning. As to T400CN, it was
kinda a hybrid in this regard. You can still use it in the darkroom, but
barely. The portra version is an improvement over T400CN, but there are a
lot of similarities. XP2 has a more traditional grain structure when
scanned so sometimes we get alias grain. Personally, I think the extreme
exposure latitude of XP2 is worth the price of admission.

AG

On Sunday, March 4, 2012, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone point me to hard or anecdotal evidence about the scanability of
> C41 process black and white film and in particular Ilford XP2 400 iso,
Kodak
> Porta 400BW 400 iso, and Kodak T400CN 400 iso and also whether any one of
> the three films is a clear leader over the other two.
>
> Thanks.
>
> jh
>
> --

Ken Norton