Re: [OM] IMG: Crocus Without Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crocus Without Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:51:32 -0800
On 2/25/2012 2:01 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> The Croci were in very poor light.  Here is a shot without the fill flash.
> Perhaps, after all, it is the better image, though highlights from the sun
> are blown in both of the images.
>
> Original, with fill flash:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Crocus85.jpg.html
>
> Without fill flash:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Crocus82.jpg.html

Much better! Not only more appealing to me to begin with, but something One can
work with.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Crocus82.htm>

- 2/3 EV compensation would probably have been even better for processing,
without any blown highlights.

Does the 510 have flash exposure compensation control? Fill flash at least one
stop down might have worked. I'm guessing
that - 2/3 primary and -1 1/3 EV flash would have worked rather well.

Still, there was enough light without flash, and I would have done it straight.

Dr. No Flash