Re: [OM] IMG: Taliesin West

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Taliesin West
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:18:59 -0800
On 2/12/2012 8:41 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> The problem was that he DID grasp it, but in the wrong way. At Taliesin in
> Spring Green, he refused gutters and downspouts because he liked the way
> icicles looked hanging off the edges of the roof. They're still fighting the
> effects of ice dams to this day.

No ice here, but they have had trouble with roof leaks a the Marin County Civic
Center from the beginning.
<http://www.google.com/search?q=marin+county+civic+center&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=n1e&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=QwE4T5nfOobYiALi2NC8Cg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CB8Q_AUoAQ&biw=1405&bih=957>

A beautiful building, well suited to site and purpose in other respects.

Come to think of it, I've driven by hundreds of times, but never stopped in to
see the interior. Time to plan a day trip
to San Rafael.

No Leaks on Me Moose