Re: [OM] OM-D Official Announcement

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D Official Announcement
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 08:53:42 -0500
I've had one of those WhiBal things for several years.  It's usually
available if needed since its kept in the camera bag which is usually in
the car.  I'm one of those who normally doesn't get far from the car
when shooting.  But I really don't like it much because it's so small.

The white balance target that I like best looks like this 20" Lastolite
one for $39.95.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/375202-REG/Lastolite_LL_LR2050_EZYBalance_Grey_White_Card.html>

  There's also a smaller 12" one for 24.95.  It gives you a gray card,
white balance and focusing target all in one.  It collapses like a
collapsible reflector and folds up to fit into a small zipper case about
8" diameter.  It may very well be a re-branded Lastolite.  I got mine
for free from Will Crockett <http://shopshootsmarter.com/>  He used to
sell these targets under his own name and gave me one gratis as a thank
you after I critiqued one of his training videos.

Although its clearly my favorite I have to admit that I can't give you
really specific details about its size because I'm in Florida and its
back in New York.  It will fit under the outer straps of my Canon
backpack bag but I often just forget it.  So, to paraphrase and old
photographer's saw:  What's the best white balance target?  The one you
have with you.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt