Re: [OM] OM-D Official Announcement

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D Official Announcement
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 12:30:14 +0100
Just make sure you don't buy the 18-200mm. I'm unimpressed.

A friend and I visited the Dutch Maritime National Museum in Amsterdam, and
we both took pictures of some of the paintings on display, and outside.

He had a D7000 with 18-200 and high ISO (at least inside, I think
800-1600). I had an E-p2 with 20mm, trying to keep ISO as low as possible
(with IS help). From the smearing of the details in the corner, however, I
conclude that the differences are more from lens quality then high ISO. But
I'm not too qualified, I'd welcome critiques.

<
https://picasaweb.google.com/103726771172069534440/WatVergelijkingen?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNr2zofIn-_bSA&feat=directlink

I resized images for direct comparison, both were raw pictures processed in
Lightroom. The D7000 pictures of the city and the last painting were
seriously reduced, you can still see it in the picture.

The city picture shows the D7000 having more dynamic range, but this part
of the picture contained four times as much pixels... The picture of the
stern of the boat shows the Olympus colors, I processed these pictures in a
similar way.

When you're done pixelpeeping you might like to watch my gallery with the
complete pictures and more ;-)  <
https://picasaweb.google.com/103726771172069534440/AmsterdamScheepvaartmuseum?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKzfiOfP1JCJ2gE&feat=directlink
>.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!