Re: [OM] [OT] Some List Posts Go AWOL

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Some List Posts Go AWOL
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:50:33 -0000
Jez Cunningham wrote:
> What happened? Make us wiser!

I think that you may have inferred more than I had intended to imply.  There
was no appalling bust-up conducted in public on the internet, followed by a
grand unmasking.  I simply made the mistake of participating in public
newsgroups using my primary email account.

I cannot tell whether it was that that lead to my email address being added
to spammers' email lists.  Another route over which we (as individuals) have
no control is the virus that infects a correspondent's PC and which reads
their email address book (containing MY email address) and sends it to the
spammer.

> But to be honest, I find it unfriendly to hide one's identity.

I agree, for a mailing list such as this one.  Maybe in the future...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK