Re: [OM] (OM) Olympus Studio

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Olympus Studio
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:00:55 -0800
> Any details / examples of why any of these new ones are preferable to
> FastStone would be appreciated.
>
> Brian Swale.
Brian, The one that is preferable is the one that works for you.

Fastone is very useful for basic things but is extremely limited as an
editor. You seem comfortable with it so use it.

You might consider another more full featured editor for the part of
your work that may benefit and in which you wish to invest time.
(Actually most of my work would benefit if I had the time to invest.)
You could gradually get used to the different work flow.
Right now I'm trying "Sagebrush" sic ;)  and Corel PaintShop Pro X4
which I picked up before christmas for free on special. Both are many
times more powerful than FS but require a learning curve.

I do have Aftershot, Viewer, Lightroom etc. etc. but have not yet chosen
to invest the time necessary to make them useful to me.

Mike