Re: [OM] the evil conspiracy of google vs ebay proxied via cookies....

Subject: Re: [OM] the evil conspiracy of google vs ebay proxied via cookies....
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:29:48 +0000
Sites that have advertising, like all of those mentioned, can also pass along
third party cookies, from the banner ads, etc.  if there was a malicious cookie
(highly unlikely), it would have come from an ad or someplace like that. More
likely, your machine is just buggered in some way rather than evil cookies
being the culprit.

Run firefox with the adblock-plus plugin and the easylist+easyprivacy
subscriptions, and basically all ads and junk will disappear.