Re: [OM] (OT) Google +

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Google +
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 09:38:50 -0800
In my experience with Google+ so far, compared with Facebook, Google+ is
much more respectful of those things one wishes to have as private, or
limited distribution. Nothing is shared without permission, and then only
to those with whom one has allowed an item to be shared. This includes
those things that are in Picasa, when Picasa is linked to your + account.

I quit using Facebook some time ago, when, in working on a friend's machine
on which I have an account, I found much of my Facebook information shared
with "cooperating sites". Something that Facebook did at the time without
permission or notice if one used any of Facebook's apps. The only solution
was to disable their app engine (which took a lot of searching to find how
to do). Once that engine was disabled, Facebook became effectively useless.

---
Scott Gomez