Re: [OM] More on the OM->EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] More on the OM->EOS adapter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:20:10 -0800
On 1/13/2012 8:17 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> They do have hardware stores in Florida.

And Radio Shack, which probably still has those little kits of screwdrivers
with a couple of sizes of cross points. I
bought a larger set in the hardware store/RS franchise in Greenwood, ME in '01
when my Canon S110 broke. I was able to
disassemble it far enough to find where the plastic helicoid-ish part was
broken.

I decided on the better part of valor, in part because it didn't seem the type
of plastic to be effectively glued and
because I thought Canon would say glue residue voided the warranty. I put it
back together and sent it off to Canon, who
sent it back repaired in a bout a week.

Even easier, and perhaps better, Amazon sends stuff to Florida too.
<http://www.amazon.com/Moody-58-0219-4-Piece-Handle-JIS-type/dp/B004PGO1T6/ref=pd_sbs_indust_1>
 :-)
Or this, if you want small slotted, too.
<http://www.amazon.com/Moody-Tools-58-0257-Screwdriver-Handles/dp/B0000YHV58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326488090&sr=8-1>
Although I've never had any trouble with the cheap metal handled ones from RS,
this one tempts me. The middle image is
the first simple, clear description I've seen of the differences between
Phillips and JIS Type S.
<http://www.amazon.com/JIS-Type-Driver-Set-Pollicis/dp/B0001X0SK8/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1326489300&sr=1-1>

Handy Moose