[OM] Using adapted manual lenses, was: Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3

Subject: [OM] Using adapted manual lenses, was: Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:02:35 -0500 (EST)
>I don't have a problem spending more than $20.  I just have a problem
>spending more than $20 if the more expensive adapter doesn't fit any
>better.  I was just looking at the FotoDiox adapters.  Unchipped cheap
>ones are $20.  Unchipped "Pro" models are $80.  Material of the cheap
>one is unspecified (possibly aluminum as some ebay models?).  The
>expensive one is brass, not stainless steel.

Chuck Norcutt

I have a FotoDiox Pro C/Y to EF---if you send them a chip of your
choice ---they will do it.  They don't advertise that, but will do so.
Alt lens FM forum consensus is these tend to be fine, as is my
experience.    Moose did not have a good experience with
the cheap ones as stated and would be hesitant about it.  Chipping it
oneself looks very fussy
and a potential PITA.  It is very sensitive to being offset  or
improper angle.   I was happy to give them the 10 bucks with return
priveleges.

Chips still workin, Mike