Re: [OM] Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3

Subject: Re: [OM] Kirk Tuck on micro 4/3
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:57:47 -0600
> Hmm; fighting words.
> Is that a half-hearted :-) on the end of your statement?

Somewhat, yes. It's only a tiny bit less obsolete than my E-1. My
point is that had I spent my money on the E-3, I'd still be in exactly
the same position I am in now.

However, the reality is, for the bulk of us (Bob being an exception),
the E-1, E-3 and pretty much any pro-grade camera made in my lifetime
is perfectly capable of exceeding the capabilities of most
photographers. It is rare that I actually run up against the limits of
the E-1 in any tangible way.

No, I am not kidding about Bob. He has staked out a business in a
particular market segment which demands technical specifications
beyond what Olympus is able to provide. If I was him, I'd be ordering
up the D4 before the day is out.

On a related note, I've been selling some stock photos lately. Sales
are actually pretty strong. Unfortunately, at 46 cents income per
sale, I'm not going to be buying a new camera just for that. I make
far more income from those stupid Google ads on www.zone-10.com. Based
on the income comparison, I should hang up my cameras and type more.

AG